beSuperior Consulting has been apart of this exciting event happening tomorrow in Thunder Bay at the Auditorium from 11:45-1:30. Join us for this community celebration of Artists in the 5th In School Programming. Over 500 students will be presenting works they have created with more than 15 local artists, inspired by the theme Water’s Wisdom. Dance, drama, literary arts, music, new media, and visual art projects. Pay-what-you-can admission supporting CAHEP’s inclusive arts programs (Suggested $5.00)
Thunder Bay Community Auditorium
1 Paul Shaffer Drive
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B 6C7 Canada
Also The Water’s Wisdom pop-up gallery will feature projects that include:
– NipiManitou giant cardboard puppet project by Ecole Franco Superieur and artist Elliott Doxtater Wynn
– Aquatic Inspirations paper installation art by St. James School and artists Barbara Benwell & Michelle Richmond Saravia
– Beauty of Water acrylic paintings by McKellar Park and artist Judy Mayor
– Nature’s Necessity ceramic tile project by St. Bernard and artist Tine Schrijvers
– Sea Beasts/Betes de Mer felted and textile art by St. Martin School and artist Dayna Slingerland
– Sea Creatures Reign watercolour painting by Nor’Wester View and artist Natalie Hotson
– Water’s Creatures hand-sewn creations by Thunder Bay Homeschooling Group and artist Katie Hughdie
– Water Flows Through Us mixed media (sewing/felting/dogwood) sculpture with artists Barbara Benwell & Michelle Richmond Saravia
– Water in the World collage/mixed media project with St. Jude school and artist Judy Mayor
Everyone is welcome to join us to take in this inspiring showcase of art projects that honour the water, created by grades 4-6 students in collaboration with local artists.
The gallery is enclosed in glass, so even when we’re not open, you’ll be able to get a peek at what students have created.
Throughout March Break, we’ll also be hosting free mini water-themed art workshops for the community to enjoy! Projects will be announced soon.
From March 1st – 10th: Monday, Tuesdays, Thursdays: 11 am – 12:30 pm & 3:00 – 4:30 pm
March Break:Wrap-up celebration week featuring a fun sampling of water-themed community art projects (TBA).
Monday March 14th: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Other arts related events are located here.